Using Windows “Schedule Tasks”, you can schedule any windows utility or software to run on a specific date and time.
How to schedule a task using Schedule Tasks?
- Click on Start > Programs > Accessories > System Tools > Schedule Tasks
- Double click on “Add Schedule Task”
- Click “Next”
- Then click on “Browse”
- Locate Chkdsk.exe in C:/windows/system32/chkdsk.exe folder (Assuming “C:” Drive is your operating system volume)
- Select Chkdsk.exe file and click on “OK”
- Type the name of task
- Select “Perform this Task” as Monthly
- Click on “Next”
- Select Day and months to perform then click on Next
- Enter Windows login Details and Click on ‘Next’ button
- Click on Finish
That’s it. The task is been scheduled to run on the specified date and time.