Disk defragmenter Utility re-arranges the files written on the hard drive to a contiguous space on that partition where in Windows can easily access the files and folders stored on the hard drive reducing the head arm movement to access the required data. This makes the Windows and https://www.learn-basics.com/computer application runs faster.
- Open “My Computer”
- Right Click on the Drive Name to which you want to perform Defragment
- Click on “Properties”
- Click on “Tools” Tab
- Click on the “Defragment Now” Button in the “Defragmentation” Section
- This will open the Disk Defragmenter Utility
- Click on “Analyze” button to check for fragmented files on the hard drive or
- Click on “Defragment” to start Disk Defragmentation process
You can automatically schedule the Disk Defragmenter utility to run on a specified date and time using Windows ‘Schedule Task’ option.
It is highly recommended to perform “Check Disk” before running the Disk Defragmenter utility. If you have scheduled the disk defragmentation process to run using the ‘Schedule Task‘ option, make sure you run the Check Disk utility first before you run the Disk Defragmenter.